A public company can be converted into private company only after obtaining its shareholder approval by way of passing of special resolution in general meeting .
Therefore we need to file following E-form with Registrar of Companies to convert public company into private company;
MGT-14 (For registering special resolution)
INC-27 (Application for Conversion of Public Company into Private Company).
Board meeting to be held for purpose of conversion,
- To discuss and approve proposal of conversion of the Public company into a Private company.
- To grant authority to director to take necessary action.
- To decide place, venue, time of general Meeting & to approve notice calling General Meeting.
- File Form No. MGT-14 within 30 days of passing of the resolution
- File Form INC-27 with ROC after approval of MGT-14.