VAT registration enables you to get a TIN (Tax Identification Number) which is required to issue Tax invoices to other parties and get the benefit of input tax credit.
Value Added Tax (VAT) Registration or TIN Registration is a tax registration required for businesses trading or manufacturing goods in India. VAT is a multi-stage tax with the provision to allow 'Input tax credit (ITC)' on tax at an earlier stage, which can be appropriated against the VAT liability on subsequent sale. Therefore, VAT is ultimately borne by the consumer. VAT is collected and governed by the State Government, so each State Government in India has distinct rules applicable for their State based on the type of good manufactured or sold.
VAT Registration is mandatory in most states for traders or manufacturers having a turnover of more than Rs.5 lakhs per year (Rs.10 lakhs in some states). Unicomply can help you obtain VAT or TIN Registration.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR VAT REGISTRATION
To be submitted by Directors & Shareholders
- Scanned PAN Card of Partners/Directors/Proprietor
- Scanned copy of Voter's ID/Passport/Driver's License
- Scanned passport-sized photograph
For the Entity (if any)
- PAN Card of Company or Partnership
- Board Resolution, in case of company
- Incorporation Certificate or Partnership Agreement
- Memorandum & Articles of Association
- Copy of the rental agreement of the business place